Savage of Sevan | Swimrun | Lake Sevan, Armenia
Registration is limited to 100 participants.
First come, first serve folks!
Registration fee for age group athletes: AMD 28,000. (Check AMD/USD, AMD/EUR and
AMD/RUR indicative exchange rates @ www.rate.am)
No registration is open for relay teams
|Oct 21 – March 7||March 8 – June 9||June 10 – July 11||July 12 – August 13|
|INDIVIDUAL||AMD 25000||AMD 28000||AMD 31000||AMD 34000|
The race course is approximately 19 km long of which 16 km are trail running and 2.8 km are open-water swimming. There are a total of 6 swims of which the longest is 800 meters. The total vertical gain is 100 meters and the swim is at 1 900 meters.
The summer weather in the Lake Sevan is usually hot, with high air temperature and exposure to lot of UV. Make sure you bring clothes for all weather conditions. This course is not easy and will suck every mole of oxygen from your lungs.
Please note that the Lake Sevan is located at an altitude of 1,900 m above sea level, and few days of acclimatization is advised!
- Total race distance 19 125 m
- Trail-running 16 250 m
- Swimming 2 875 m
- Swim sections 6
- Longest swim 800 m
- Longest run 3200 m
- Total elevation gain 100 m
August 16th, Sunday
|09:00||Check-in Age Groups (Registration is Closed on Sunday!)|
|09:30||Mandatory Race Briefing|
|10:00||Start Savage of Sevan SwimRun|
Savage Of Sevan Events are the exclusive property of QYABAB LTD (“SoS”). SoS owns all rights associated with the Events including, without limitation, the rights to organize, exploit (commercially or non‐ commercially), broadcast and reproduce the Events. SoS’ rights include, but are not limited to, any type of digital media, whether photographic, audio, or video in nature, captured in connection with any Event or venue (including, without limitation, the Race course) and regardless of ownership of the capturing device. All personal data provided by athletes or spectators for each Event and the data produced from the Event (including, without limitation, the Race results) are the exclusive property of Savage of Sevan.
No Prize Money is available.
All age group athletes must participate and compete in the age‐group division corresponding to the athlete’s age as of December 31 of the year of the Event.
No Prize Money is available.
All age‐group athletes must participate and compete in the age‐group division corresponding to the athlete’s age as of December 31 of the year of the Event.
Each athlete must:
- Practice good sportsmanship at all times;
- Be responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others;
- Know, understand, and follow all Competition Rules, as stated herein, in the Event specific Athlete Information Guide, and at the Event specific athlete briefings;
- Obey traffic regulations and instructions from Race Officials;
- Treat referees, officials, volunteers, spectators, the public, and other athletes with respect and courtesy; Obey laws and local ordinances and avoid any type of demonstration of political, religious, or racial propaganda;
- Failure to obey laws or local ordinances and/or failure to refrain from demonstration will result in disqualification;
- Avoid the use of abusive language;
- Inform a Race Official promptly after withdrawing from the Race. Failing to do so may result in temporary suspension or permanent expulsion from other Events;
- Not dispose of trash or equipment on the course (except at aid stations or other designated trash‐disposal points). Intentional or careless littering will result in a time penalty or disqualification;
- Not gain or attempt to gain any unfair advantage from any external vehicle or object;
- Follow the prescribed course. It is the athlete’s responsibility to know the course. Athletes must cover the prescribed course in its entirety. Failure to do so will result in a disqualification. If an athlete must exit the course, he or she shall re‐enter the course at the same point of departure before continuing.
No GPS trackers and chip readers will be provided. #SavageofSevan crew will arrange the timekeeping.
No entry fee will be reimbursed by the Savage of Sevan.
In order to qualify for entry in Savage of Sevan SwimRun you have to race in a team consisting of two persons (at least 18 years old and able to swim).
NUTRITION AND MEDICAL SUPPORT
There will be several nutrition checkpoints throughout the course.
There will be a medical point at start/finish line.
Race bibs must be worn visible all the time,
Swimcaps must be worn visible during all the swims.
The time is from the start until the finish line.
The team has to pass all timing checkpoints and the finish line together.
The participants are not allowed to use unfair methods to get advantages.
The participants are participating at their own risk and can not hold the organisation responsible for any accident during the race.
It is not allowed to receive assistance from other people.
The participants give Savage of Sevan the right to use pictures and film material taken during the race to be used free of rights in any media for promotional purposes.
All images and rights from the event are reserved.
Travel and Accommodation
Lake Sevan is located 60km (38 miles) from Yerevan, the capital city of Armenia.
Yerevan’s airport is a quite busy hub hosting many airlines and arranging your flight from your destination to Yerevan should not be a problem.
For those who consider 2000m above see level altitude a challenge we strongly recommend spending at least 1-2 pre race days near Sevan for proper acclimatization.
Hotels near the race location:
Tsovasar Hotel Complex:
Best Western Hotel Sevan:
Blue Sevan Hotel:
Golden Palace Hotel:
Tsaghkadzor Marriott Hotel:
If you have questions or comments, please feel free to
contact us using this form. We will be happy to answer.